Software Engineer (Back-End)
Chisinau, Moldova / Full-time
• Development: develop features and infrastructure components for the platform;
• Operations: monitor the platform in production, debug and manage incidents, maximize reliability;
• Communication: communicate development status, requirements, technical specifications, proposals, best practices;
• Engineering Excellence: facilitate engineering excellence across the team, including code quality, testing, system architecture,
performance & reliability, capacity planning.
• No experience or 1+ experience in software development;
• Experience building small apps end-to-end, including UI, application service and database components;
• Willingness to learn a complex domain, apply sophisticated engineering techniques, and operate as part of a team;
• Experience with our tech stack is appreciated, but not required;
• Kind, smart, gets things done.
* Preferred Technical Qualifications
• Azure: we are cloud native and run on Azure;
• .NET/C#: back-end systems are written in C#;
• CosmosDB: our source-of-truth datastore and event log;
• Cognitive Search: used for search and reporting functions;
• Blobs, Tables, Queues: used for document storage as well as caches of external data;
• Functions, Logic Apps: simple automation tasks;
• Dart/Flutter: Native UI/UX;
• Service Fabric: systems involving colocation of state and compute;
• Azure Monitor & Application Insights: system and infrastructure monitoring and alerting;
• Integrations: integrations with various types of services, including geo-location, ELD, mapping, routing, as well as
partner companies such as shippers, brokers, etc.